Ever since we opened our doors in 1998, we had one goal in mind and that is to offer our guests comfortable, affordable and exceptional accommodations. The original Eureka Gold Country Inn was built in the 1940s. Irish immigrant Andrew Jackson built the Jackson House Hotel in the late 1800s, advertising it as the only fireproof hotel in Nevada. That claim was put to the test as it endured five fires between 1879 and 1950. It went through several owners until Jeff Brantley bought it in 1998. Both hotels are a key piece of Eureka, Nevada history on top of being a great place to stay.